Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

we thinking RNT MVP...?

Old 10-22-2010, 03:16 AM
Spike

Default we thinking RNT MVP...?

so I made a thread yesterday saying that I was debating between and Foiles and Zink calls, but I have been doing some research on RNT,and I really like the sound of them..I have been looking at the MVP RNT or the SHORT BARREL anddd I am leaning towards the MVP, that is a competition call,but also I have read that people love them hunting also..what do yall think? thank you again
Old 10-22-2010, 12:02 PM
Spike

By far go with the short barrel the mvp is a hard call and if you are really good you can make it scream but I cant. I have made a living with my short barrel and I am not a pro staffer. If you want a little more aggressive call get a daisy cutter. Those are two really good calls that will do anything you could want. I am not a fan of zinks duck calls but there goose calls are the best. Whatever you get practices practices practices.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:08 AM
Fork Horn

I have the RNT short Barrel and Daisy Cutter of my landyard. Love them both, but if I had to pick one I would use the short barrel!
Old 10-24-2010, 01:21 PM
Spike

thank you both..but I actually just put the Foiles Strait Meat Mallard Max4 on layaway at the cabelas in omaha,im going to pick it up thursday then bring it back to the country to do some wacking and stacking..hope i like it!!!!
Old 11-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Fork Horn

Just to add, I have 3 calls on my Lanyard... one of them just happens to be a Foiles Straight Suzy. The other two are HS Bill collector (19 bucks) and the ole Primos Timber Wench... That straight suzy sounded good but once I got the 3 side by side I would rather use the lower end calls. They just have a better sound to them and do not stick like the foiles when wet. I do, however use that suzy to do feeder calls and quick quacks. I like the pitch better for feeders. In short each call sounds different depending on who is using it. Personally I would see about trying a few out to see what suits you. High dollar doesnt always mean best sound.