Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Which calls?

Old 10-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Spike

Default Which calls?

Hey guys i am looking into getting into some duck and goose hunting this year and had a question about your opinion of calls? Which call would you suggest is a good for each bird I dont want to break the bank but deffanitly not a cheap one that only gonna work half the time. what are your favorites that you suggest? thanks Zach
Old 10-04-2010, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Being you are just starting out and are money limited (as many of us are) I would first find out if any of your hunting buddies have any old calls they are not using laying around and start off with them. If you feel that you have mastered that call and are proefficient with it, look into the higher dollar calls. BUT before you do any of this, invest in some quality DVD's with all of the game you intend to hunt and learn the calls first. When you sound like they do, look at better calls if you feel you need to. I have and use some calls that only cost a few dollars and then I have calls that cost $150+ for others. Not that makes it a better call, just better quality and products. My .02 cents.

Last edited by SecondChance; 10-13-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:49 AM
Spike

http://www.foilesstraitmeat.com/stor...k-p438251.html

GREAT call for beginners. Its hand tuned, and the reed is shaved. Comes with a comprehensive DVD. Extremely easy to blow. I would recomend this call to ANY waterfowler. Rookie or Pro.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:51 PM
Spike

I have a few calls for each duck and goose. my breadwinner and the one I blow most often is a my RNT Daisy Cutter
Old 10-14-2010, 04:29 PM
Spike

For a great call for a beginner, Hobo has a $50.00 call that is great. Its called the hunter. Comes with an Echo poly insert with a few different kinds of woods for the barrel. Goose call that isnt that bad in price but great for someone new you can get a Derlin GK Giant Slayer for $50.00.