Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

home made layout blind?

Old 08-03-2010, 06:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default home made layout blind?

I have my own layout blind, and I want the lady to be able to come hunting with me as well, but its not worth buying another $150 layout blind.. anyone have any designs or ideas for what worked for them? And I dont want to just throw some burlap over her because really.. who wants to be layin in the mud and the rain and the crap that we spend most of our time goose hunting in anyways? lol. gotta make it somewhat comfy for her to wanna come a second time
Old 08-04-2010, 05:44 AM
Typical Buck

This sounds like a single use or infrequent use application. Try borrowing a blind from one of your buddies. When he takes his significant other hunting, he can borrow your blind.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:56 AM
Fork Horn

WHAT! taking ur lady out for a hunt is NOT worth a $150?!!! I'm don't even have a lady and I know better... If anything - she gets the blind and the tough guy can lay under the burlap:P Haha no hard feelings just given ya a hard time... But yeah I'd say go with the buddies blind or else - whats $150?!!!
take care
Old 08-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Spike

Just buy another blind, use for back up,spare for the person that dont have 1, or like I do, put both the kids in it.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah count the cost if she is happy with using a NEW blind, nyou may have a new hunting buddy for life; then again like the others say, an extra blind is useful when you have friends that want to come along
Old 08-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Fork Horn

when i started hunting i make one out of pvc. pretty much make a box but don't glue some of the elbows so that it can fold flat. i used 3/4" pipe. for the doors i put 1" T's over the pipe to act as hinges. plywood backrest which wasnt as bad as a guy would think. bought a 5$ tarp and zip tied it to floor. and some cheap burlap zip i made ittied to the pipe for camo. it was years ago and worked fine. i think it cost me like $50 and some enginuity. i also made a door stopin the middle of the doors so they didnt lay on me and put some pipe insulation in between the door and the frame where you would rest your gun. no pics to help explain sorry gave it away when i bought my ground force. hope it maybe gave you an idea...
Old 08-18-2010, 07:12 AM
Spike

Default KL Sled

I have been using a KL Sled for years now. You can haul decoys and gear in and then lay in it with some camo on top. Works pretty well. Use a little inginuity and you can fix it up really nice. Bass Pro sells these sleds for less than $50.