Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

duck boats

Old 05-07-2010, 06:31 AM
Typical Buck

What's up with all these funny posts like the above 2. They have just one post to their name, and it seems like some computer generated the answer.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:59 AM
Spike

I am not know any duck boats.Please send me more info if you know about it.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Spike

Default Mud Boats

Making one at home out of fiberglass is easy as can be and cheaper then buying one. We built three in a week one for each of us and one for a friend... the cost for the wood, fiberglass, resin, ect... came out to $160 dollars a boat and took hardly no time at all. My husband bought a Rickshaw motor for his for around 700 dollars you dont need a transom and it works really well with the boat. They're layout boats they work great....
Old 07-10-2010, 03:57 AM
Typical Buck

Where did you get the plans? I am thinking about building one myself. I currently own an Otter Stealth 2000 and really like it, but kinda want something lower profile that I can hide easier.

Pics would be cool as well.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Hickorycreek Lodge
I have a 1754 Grizzlly tracker with a 35 hp hyper drive on it. I guide duck hunts and have hunted myself with 4 hunters in it no problem. It has plenty of power and will run in almost nothing. Before this boat I had a 1542 Seark Duckhawk with a 13 hp mudbuddy on it. Great boat and motor. I do enjoy the short shaft much more than the long tail though. Good luck.
Do you know how much your boat weighs? I have a 1960 LegendCraft mod v jon boat which I would love to put a hyperdrive motor on, but am concerned that it won't push it fast enough. I'm running a 60hp Merc OB and top out at about 37 mph. I'm not sure how keen I am on getting the model of the engine that they modify to get more HP's out of it.