Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Mojo Ducks

Old 01-20-2010, 02:39 PM
Spike

Default Mojo Ducks

So I just bought my second mojo duck, so i would have a pair one drake and one hen, and I was curious if everyone was having as good of an experience with as them as me? I have had a pretty good experience, but I also have bought the baby mojo's not the super mallard.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:36 PM
Fork Horn

You hunt timber? If not you might want to invest in the vortex from cabelas, best investment of the year for me. I bought one this year, to try to improve my mojos. If you don't mind lugging a butt load of crap around and being a little mechanically inclined. It is the bees knees.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:22 AM
Typical Buck

I have had good success with them on clear days.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Everybody and their mom around here uses them. They were great when they first came out, but now they are overused and the ducks are weary because of them. The major problems with the mojo: the big pole underneath it... definitely cant use that on a cloudy day. Also, say you're luring ducks in from 300 yards away. They get to your spread and make a pass. By now, the ducks have been watching your mojo "landing" in the same position for way too long. They have a remote control mojo that you can turn off and on, but thats also flared birds for me too. I had six or seven mallards (which is somewhat rare for down here) commit into the decoys and flare right out of range because my mojo teal was turned off, and the wind blew the wings so that the white part was facing towards the ducks. I was SO pissed...
Old 01-21-2010, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Using them around here is like taking candy from a baby. A friend and I hunted in a corn field one day and had our mojo going and i am fairly certain we could have shot our limit sitting on buckets. There are days when they avoid them like the plague, but they are far and few between.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have never used them. I've never had to use them. I personally think they are a waste of money, but that's just my opinion. I hear some hunters swear by them and others curse them. I don't need one to kill ducks, so I'm not getting one.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:28 AM
Spike

mojos work great as long as other folks around you dont have em! they are worth the money, i always take it and set it up, its easy to take down if the first group flairs. GEESE HATE THEM!!!!! dont use them in the field if your hunting geese and ducks!
Old 01-28-2010, 10:28 AM
Fork Horn

Early season ducks Mojo Works good.
Put it away in the late season. They have been there done that.
Geese Hate it. so have a remote to turn it off if there is a chance geese could come in.

On a side note:

DOVE MOJO is nasty... They just can't help themselves... I made a dove tree out of rebar last year and mounted the MOJO to the top of it with about 4-5 clip on decoys on the branches... it worked wonders... I also hear tell that the crow MOJO works very well.