Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Geese coaxing call?

Old 12-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Geese coaxing call?

New to this addictive sport....need work on my calling, anyone want to help me? What "word"(s) do you blow into your call to coax geese to come in.....come take a "look"....feed call...etc etc.

Thanks in advance
Old 12-06-2009, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone??????

Last edited by solocamcan; 12-07-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:37 PM
Fork Horn

it depends on what kind of call you have in mine i kind of say eeeee ahhh toooo ittt aah for the honk and cry. but it depends
Old 12-14-2009, 07:11 PM
Spike

the wing lock call is the call i found easiest to learn on its a good enough call so even when you get really good youll still want to use it every time.. the wood calls have a great sound and at 35 bucks it may be the best call out there for under 50 bucks.. I learned the hard way what ever you do dont buy a real cheap call or you the sounds that come out of it may want to make you quit...
Old 12-21-2009, 12:00 PM
Spike

I LOVE the zink power maximus and the cheap version of the power clucker. the power clucker comes with a great dvd to help you get started. the basic honk is a low throaty note. a "ooh" sound followed by a quick rush of air that you cut off with your tongue. it sounds like youre saying "do-it!" into the call but you arent physically saying any words. saying words into your call is the biggest no-no of goose calling. good luck!
Old 02-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Typical Buck

I always get help from zink calls. Buy the CD canadas gone wild and it shows the calling patterns of real geese. many hunters try to mimick other hunters and don't sound like geese. Call quieter as the geese are farther out and become louder and more aggressive the closer they get. I've been waterfowl hunting my whole life and have tried many different patterns but all I do now is listen to geese and try to mimick them. I'd recommend the zink money maker or the zink SR-1 for calls
Old 02-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get youself a cd and learn the right way from the start. Hard to break bad habits. No words into call just the air from the right place and tongue behind the front bottom teeth.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:06 PM
Fork Horn

i got a zink little man and just some deep moans and double clucks seems to do it...
Old 02-09-2010, 08:09 AM
Spike

Default get a video!!!

Foiles migrators

They have a video out called "calling geese 2" this video breaks down every call why it works then shows it being used in the field. This video is great, cabelas carries it.
Attached Thumbnails Geese coaxing call?-2-022.jpg