Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
what short reed honker call for a beginner? >

what short reed honker call for a beginner?

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

what short reed honker call for a beginner?

Old 12-08-2009, 11:17 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by NYhunter325
zink power clucker is a good beginner one i currently use it and it seems to work well my next call is a GK giant killer tried it and loved it and how it sounds
Zink Power Clucker is a great call. Surprisingly versatile for an inexpensive call. Fast clucks and moans are easy with the Zink.

Quackhead (RNT) Goozilla is also a really good one. However, it takes a little more air to run it than the Zink.

If I were picking one, it would be the Zink. I have never had trouble getting it retuned after cleaning it. Just put the reed back the way it was when you took it apart and make tiny, tiny, adjustments to its position if it sounds off.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:07 PM
Spike

haydels ..h81 honker call,idiot proof and cheap .we use long bawling cries.works here in manitoba
Old 12-21-2009, 12:07 PM
Spike

ive been calling for 4 years now. i swear by zink calls. i started with the zink power maximus ($28 at time of purchase) and now im blowing the power clucker. very very versitile calls with very real and true sounds. beautiful honks and clucks and extremely easy to blow. with these inexpensive calls and a couple dozen decoys, ive brought down flocks of 80+ birds by MYSELF