Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Early teal is here!

Old 09-19-2009, 10:22 AM
Fork Horn

heck its hot up here in MN
the geese arent flying as much
only in the early morning
Old 09-19-2009, 06:22 PM
Spike

most of the blue wings are down but mark my word the green wing well be around when seasons starts,,mine starts nov 14 the green wing will be every where
Old 09-23-2009, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Our teal season opened saturday. I didn't get to hunt until today.... hadn't hunted early goose the first time....

Took the red dog and the 20ga with steel number 4s and killed two GWT and two geese with 6 shells.... had to shoot one goose twice and the first shell of the morning was used to clear a path through the mosquitos so my second one could get to the teal. Saw a fair number of birds for the early seaosn... we don't get much of an early teal push here in VA.... come november I have two creeks I have blinds on that you could walk across on the backs of the green wings.