Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

homemade layout blind

Old 09-14-2009, 04:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default homemade layout blind

im new to waterfowling over the weekend i went on my first goose hunt in the fields my friend gave me burlap and camo netting the netting was horrible i kept getting caught in it i did not get a goose that day but i had fun but im looking for a cheap layout blind or make anyone ideas im really strapped for cash dont want a lot on the home made unless i can find a regular one for cheap
Old 09-14-2009, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by marlin30/30_drabe
im new to waterfowling over the weekend i went on my first goose hunt in the fields my friend gave me burlap and camo netting the netting was horrible i kept getting caught in it i did not get a goose that day but i had fun but im looking for a cheap layout blind or make anyone ideas im really strapped for cash dont want a lot on the home made unless i can find a regular one for cheap
Rogerssportinggoods.com will have them for about 100.00 You can look on Craigslist.com for one used. I would buy one instead of making one.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

WingSupply.com

They normaly have at least 1 layout blind well discounted

Good prices and good people to deal with

John
Old 09-17-2009, 06:14 AM
Typical Buck

honestly, you could make your own (probably) cheaper. Might be heavier but you'd save money. All you'd need is some cheap plyboard, hinges, and some camo paint and/or material. Then you could go deluxe and add cushions.

If you don't mind the labor, why not build your own customized blind?
For you - By you

I imagine it would be equal to or less than the cost of a commercially made blind.