Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
Anyone else have this problem. >

Anyone else have this problem.

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Anyone else have this problem.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default Anyone else have this problem.

Do any of you get geese on your ponds at your houses and then they **** everywhere and tear the hell out of your yard. Because i do and i want to get rid of these damn things for good. We shot the roost last season and they just keep coming back more and more. I dont mind geese i just dont like 30 of the damn things that are beginning to stay year round.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Spike

I know this is a problem faced by many and it can be difficult to control because of the Federal regulations involved.

Here is a link on the subject.

http://www.agfc.com/pdfs/nuisance/co...nada_geese.pdf
Old 09-17-2009, 08:09 AM
Spike

wait till the season opens then shoot the he// out of em...sit everyday until they dont feel welcome anymore and leave...your jus gonna have to get aggressive
Old 09-17-2009, 09:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

What about installing a "scarecrow," only, in this case, make it a "scaregoose." I don't know what would work. Many little aluminum foil pie plates nailed to wooden stakes and mounted variously around the pond to reflect light brightly and frighten away the geese. A fake hawk nest or eagles nest? Hawk replicas nailed in trees? Owl replicas nailed in trees? Predator look-alike decoys on the ground, coyote, bobcat? Could you install a remote activatable sound device -- an air horn or other disturbing sound -- that would shy away the geese?
Old 09-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Typical Buck

I'd say if you're not inside city limits then its goose for dinner, or let somebody else hunt them. If you just want them scared away, maybe a coyote decoy sitting by the waters edge?
Old 09-18-2009, 06:26 AM
Fork Horn

Well we hunted 2 days of early goose and wound up killing 15. We hunted one morning and it wasnt fun because they would just swim into the decoys so we didn't like that and u couldnt scare them off. So we hunted the evenings and they would come back in to roost between 3 of us the first morning we shot one each then that evening killed 6. then we all went the next evening and killed 6 again. They were pretty good eatin along with some doves we killed.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:16 PM
Fork Horn

OK send me your address and I will be happy to exterminate them for you during the season...I am willing to take one for the team!!!!
Old 09-19-2009, 10:30 PM
Spike

Get a scare cannon until season opens up, once the season is open shoot for days until they're gone. The scare cannons work really good, I know we have a ton of birds around here and a lot of farmers use them or they call us!