Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Benelli SBE II

Old 08-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Spike

Default Benelli SBE II

Fellas,

I recently purchased a Benelli SBE II for waterfowl this fall. The gun comes with a modified choke that can accept steel. I'll be mostly shooting geese out to 45 yards. But I wouldn't mind using a tighter after market choke for this gun. Have any of you purchased after market chokes for this gun?? If so which one?? How did you like the modified factory choke on geese.

Thanks
Old 08-01-2009, 10:06 PM
Fork Horn

i dont have an SBE but i had a nova and i have a beretta extrema 2. ive used a pattermaster with both of them and absolutely love them. they are great for goose hunting and give you an extra tight pattern making your shots more lethal and legthening you killing distance
Old 08-03-2009, 01:59 AM
Banned

I also have a benelli nova and i use the med range pattern master choke! We hunt over decoys and for me the full choke is too tight and i miss more then i hit! So its all on how you shoot! But you cant beat a pattern master choke! Just remember if your gonna shoot black cloud ammo out of your gun, then you have to get the black cloud patternmaster choke, the regular pattern master's arent set up for that ammo and it could do serious damage to you barrel!
Old 08-03-2009, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have an SBE II as well and run a Patternmaster with it. Its a deadly combo, really gets out there well and packs a wallop when it gets to the bird. I actually never even shot the gun without the patternmaster, so I can't comment on how the factory choke is.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:40 PM
Fork Horn

i would definatly suggest patterning with a patternmaster to find a load you like to use. every gun, choke, and shooter combo is different.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

Don't overlook Kicks chokes
Old 08-04-2009, 10:11 AM
Banned

Yeah i totally agree, I used a kicks High flyer full choke in my 870 supermag and it really reaches out and puts the hammer down!
Old 08-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Spike

Thanks for the advice fellas. I ordered in a Kicks High Flyer full choke.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:58 AM
Spike

I have a sbe 2 and a pattern master long range tube and I use federal T shot it extends your range to 70 yds and it destroys geese at that range they are stone cold dead every time