Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Goose Recipes

Old 08-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Spike

Default Goose Recipes

Before the season starts would anyone like to share there goose recipes?
Old 08-06-2009, 06:43 PM
Banned

Well the recipe i keep seeing on websites and on tv is as follows,
Cut your goose breasts up into strips and marinate them in itailian dressing overnight, then wrap them with bacon and then cook them on the grill til they are med rare! Everyone says that this is the bomb!
We are going to have an open fire chili party with our first kill,
we are going to cook the goose breast chunks with bacon and some burger and then put it all in a giant pot and slow cook everything over an open fire ! Pop a couple cold ones and have a good time!
Old 08-07-2009, 07:27 AM
Fork Horn

okay heres one for you guys to try this year.
take 7-10 goose breasts put them in crokpot with 3-4 big cans of tomato paste. make sure all the breasts are covered. let cook in low for about 12-15 hours.
pull out goose breasts. drain tomato paste(its okay if there is still some in there). take 2 forks and the goose should shred like beef.
put shredded goose back into the crockpot and put in lots of BBQ sauce(whichever you like). let sit in crockpot on low for about an hour or until warm to your liking.

you now have shredded BBQ goose to put on sandwiches
Old 08-07-2009, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lots of goose recipes in the recipe forum. Just scroll back or do a search.

Ron
Old 08-07-2009, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

This recipe my sound weird but it is great. First you take the goose breast and cut off all the fat, tendons, and shot up meat. Then you take it (this is were it gets weird) and put it in a bowl and cover it with a baking soda water mixture and let it sit in the fridge over night. then in the morning take it out and wash it and the bowl, put the goose in the bowl and cover with vinegar for a few hours. Once that is done you take the goose and wash it off and slice it to 1/4" slices. then you take a little cream cheese, water chestnut, and jalapeno and put on the slices. fold one half over the other and wrap in a slice of bacon, and shove a tooth pick in. throw it on the grill and cook untill the bacon is done.

It may sound like it wont taste very good but the baking soda and then vinegar will take any gamey taste away.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:14 AM
Banned

You all can thank me later!!!!http://www.goosehuntingchat.com/viewforum.php?f=17
If you cant find something here, then i dont know what to tell ya!!!