Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

One more month!

Old 07-31-2009, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default One more month!

Well fellas, early goose season starts September 1st in SC. And for the past month, early goose and teal is all I have been able to think about! 75% of my paycheck has been used to get ready for the upcoming season. I have never missed opening day of deer season before, but this year might be a first... I'd rather save my money for steel shot rather than gas money and rifle shells for deer. The other day I went out and patterned the meatstick, cleaned up the johnboat, polished up the dekes and even added a few to the arsenal.

Can you smell that??? Smells like duck-ka-bobs
Old 07-31-2009, 09:06 AM
Banned

Man you aint lying! I live in pa and i spent so much money this year already on a new benelli and decoys and i bought a new blind and motion stakes and steel shot! Its crazy, but i have had the bug for months now and now that it closer i just cant wait!
Everytime i see a goose flying or a duck in a pond, i get excited!
1 month and its on!!! I only work 4 days a week now, so they dont even know whats in store for them this year! Be patient boys, the time will soon be upon us and then! BANG BANG MOTHA *uckers! YEAH BOY!!!!
Old 07-31-2009, 10:32 AM

Glad to see I aint the only one that is getting pumped up! I have been cleaning decoys getting out the equipment, oiling the gun, making my wishlist and getting the boat ready. Hurry up September !!!!!
Old 07-31-2009, 12:20 PM
Fork Horn

i cant wait... didnt hunt it last year and we got a 5 bird limit again this year
Old 07-31-2009, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

We dont have an early season for geese in Kansas but we do have dove season to look forward to. And then on Sept. 12 Teal season opens which can mean for some fast action.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:29 AM
Banned

Its gettin closer and closer! Only about 3 1/2 weeks away! And if the Pa game commission website is true, then we got an 8 a day limit for the early season! Do you guys have any idea how much money i am gonna spend on ammo?
We are gonna have a Big Goose Chili Campfire party On that first sunday and feast on our bounty! I am gonna get so Hammered and love every minute of it!!!!
Old 08-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

We're huntin' it hardcore this year. We're trudgin through about 2.5 miles of snake and gator infested swamp to get to our hole... The afternoon before the first morning! We're holding this spot to ensure that we get it. Its all worth a limit on the first morning. Hell, it would be worth it even if we don't fire a shot. Just gettin out there is adrenaline pumpin'.

Good luck to all of ya!