Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Flocking

Old 01-23-2009, 09:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default Flocking

One of my friends has a couple dozen canada shell decoys we use now and then. He heard that he could put black panty hose and paint a little white on them to make them look flocked. I have no clue if that would work. Has anyone else tried it? or ever seen it done? They are cheap ones he got for free from a friend, so he didn't want to spend the money on flocking them.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Flocking

I've never heard of that before but what we've done is buy a flocking kit from Macks I think it was. It's been a few years but I think it was like 15 bucks and it does like 100 heads and tails. You paint on a coat of black paint and then spray the flocking out of a little bottle. It comes with black and white flocking for the cheek patches. It holds up pretty well, and it looks pretty close to factory flocking.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:53 PM

Default RE: Flocking

sounds like a good idea never tried it though