Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Call Repair

Old 12-01-2008, 10:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default Call Repair

Last night I was watching a duck hunting video and I was assisting the hunters with somecalling from my couch (Don't act like you don't do this ). Anyway, I noticed that the steel band around the barrel of the call has come loose.

This is my belovedRNT Cocobolo Timbreand I don't want to mess it up. Is it okay to use any glue to put it back on? I was thinking I'd use some kind of epoxy unless there is some special wood-to-metal glue that is recommended for applications such as this.

Any suggestions?
Old 12-01-2008, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Call Repair

I'm really sorry, I don't have any suggestions, but this made my day...

Original: Crowkilla

Last night I was watching a duck hunting video and I was assistingwith the hunters with somecalling from my couch (Don't act like you don't do this ).

Hope it works out man!
Old 12-02-2008, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Crowkilla

Last night I was watching a duck hunting video and I was assisting the hunters with some calling from my couch (Don't act like you don't do this ). Anyway, I noticed that the steel band around the barrel of the call has come loose.

This is my beloved RNT Cocobolo Timbre and I don't want to mess it up. Is it okay to use any glue to put it back on? I was thinking I'd use some kind of epoxy unless there is some special wood-to-metal glue that is recommended for applications such as this.

Any suggestions?

Call the boys at RNT. They will probably tell you what they use. They'll understand you don't want to part with it in the middle of the season.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie
Call the boys at RNT. They will probably tell you what they use.
Good advice. I called them this afternoon. The fella I talked to kind of got a kick out of the fact that I was actually worried about this. He said to just put back on with Super Glue.

Just thought I'd share in case any of the other armchair hunters ever have a band come loose.