Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Higdon Pulsator

Old 11-29-2008, 07:59 PM

Default Higdon Pulsator

Trying to find out pros and cons on this higdon pulsator,tryingto avoid always having to rig a jerk cord,and not wanting to pack in a mallard machine. some of the places I hunt you have to hike in a 1/2 mile or more ,It looks like it would begreat on windless days . I heard it was the best product higdon ever made but was noisy...Thanks any input appreciated...
Old 11-30-2008, 08:46 AM

Default RE: Higdon Pulsator

You are the second person i have heard talk about the noise issue one thing you can do is to trim the length of the discharge tube so that is under water surface when it kicks on this will cause less water to bounce off decoy making less noise and for another look you can insert 3/8 fertlizer tube about 4 inchs long into dicharge it will stay in with friction this will give spray effect can be seen a long way on sunny days hope this helps cw