Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 Things are lookin good fellas! >

Things are lookin good fellas!

Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Things are lookin good fellas!

Old 11-24-2008, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Things are lookin good fellas!

Ive been doing some major scouting since september. Things are lookin up for this season! Just some pics until opening morning on Wednesday. Finally!

Within the past week I've probably seen a total of about 2,000 ducks, not counting the thousands of ringnecks flying way off in the distance. It was amazing: at sunrise you could see black clouds of ducks burnin' over the lake. Most of the ducks have beenwoodies, ringnecks, and mallards.

Some spots that produce a lot of woodies.

In the fall/winter, the lake dries up. This was "The Spot" until it dried. You're lookin at what used to be2 - 3foot of water.

Palmetto Moon

What you're lookin at here are a wad of Green-winged Teal.

And to finish off with the photo gallery, a picture of me freezing!

Old 11-24-2008, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Things are lookin good fellas!

Chris, great to hear! You look like your dressed for winter or something, what is it 50 degrees out there?

Many birds up here in Michigan. Big ole' fat Canada-fed Greenheads. Some of these Mallards look like Geese.

Hunted this morning in a snow storm and 18 degress. Broke through 2" of ice on the shore of the lake!
Old 11-24-2008, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't see the pictures on my work computer, but it's good to here positive reports!

Old 11-24-2008, 10:22 PM
Fork Horn

Chris, those are some awesome pictures my friend. That woodie hole looks like an absolute slaughter house. I'm lookin forward to more pictures this season. If I can ever remember to bring my dern camera, I'll put some of my own on here.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great Pics!

Edit-Until I got down to your pic! Only your mom could be proud!

Old 11-25-2008, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks fellas! I hope ya'lls seasons are going great for ya as well

ORIGINAL: buckhunter14

Chris, great to hear! You look like your dressed for winter or something, what is it 50 degrees out there?

Many birds up here in Michigan. Big ole' fat Canada-fed Greenheads. Some of these Mallards look like Geese.

Hunted this morning in a snow storm and 18 degress. Broke through 2" of ice on the shore of the lake!
Haha nossir! These past two weeks have been the coldest they've been in years. The picture with me freezing, it was 26 degrees without the windchill. On the lake the wind was blowing a steady 30 mph. I can't do the math, but 26 degrees with a 30 mph crosswind = cold! Its not even winter yet. I honestly think that we'll see some snow this year. It hasn't snowed in the lowcountry in about 6 years.

Wow! Thats the kind of duck hunting you see on the tv set! Did ya swat any birds? Haha you get any skid marks in your pants when ya fell through the ice?

ORIGINAL:Crowkilla

Chris, those are some awesome pictures my friend. That woodie hole looks like an absolute slaughter house. I'm lookin forward to more pictures this season. If I can ever remember to bring my dern camera, I'll put some of my own on here.
Thanks killa! That hole is right along some rice fields and oak trees, so theres plenty to eat out there. The only bad thing about that hole is that there are so many spots that we've seen woodies that it is hard on deciding where to set up at. I've come to the conclusion that as long as the wind is at my back, anywhere will work on that hole.

ORIGINAL: Colorada Luckydog

Great Pics!

Edit-Until I got down to your pic! Only your mom could be proud!
Thanks Luckydog! She calls me her "Little Duckman..." I'm only 18 yrs old, so I guess she can still call me "little." Aw heck... I'll be her little duckman when she's 80 years old! (I'm probably gonna catch crap for this one [8D])

Old 11-25-2008, 08:22 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks Luckydog! She calls me her "Little Duckman..." I'm only 18 yrs old, so I guess she can still call me "little." Aw heck... I'll be her little duckman when she's 80 years old! (I'm probably gonna catch crap for this one [8D])
I move that Chris_H should here forward be referred to and knownas, "Little Duckman." Can I get a second?
Old 11-25-2008, 08:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck Chris, sucks you had to wait this long
Old 11-25-2008, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Crowkilla

I move that Chris_H should here forward be referred to and knownas, "Little Duckman." Can I get a second?

I'll second that!

Chris_H = Little Duckman

Been running dry until today. Had a very good hunt. I'm sure you'll see the post. Sure wish traveling wasn't so expensive, it'd be fun to take some turns in a different state duck hunting!
Old 11-25-2008, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckhunter14

ORIGINAL: Crowkilla

I'll second that!

Chris_H = Little Duckman

Been running dry until today. Had a very good hunt. I'm sure you'll see the post. Sure wish traveling wasn't so expensive, it'd be fun to take some turns in a different state duck hunting!

[:'(]Shouldn't have posted that!

Yeah the wait has been treacherous. The season only lasts from wednesday through sunday, and then it doesn't come back in until Dec. 12, but lasts until Jan. 25. I've taken off this entire week so I can get in the most hunting during this "appetizer season."

Yep fellas...even with gas goin down, its still expensive. Most of my holes are more than 20 miles away. I would love to hunt in the snow however! I'm sure all of yall are sick of the snow by now!

Quick Reply: Things are lookin good fellas!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.