Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

[Deleted]

Old 01-22-2002, 12:42 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-22-2002, 01:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Would Like to be a Waterfowl Guide. . .

First of all, Are you one already? or do you just want to be one?

Remember, working at your hobby turns your hobby into work.

I don't know for sure exactly where to tell you to apply but I would think that you'd start looking and handing resumes to lodges that have guides. If they don't need one they'll probably know a lodge that does.

Good luck in your endeavor.

Romans 8:28
Old 01-22-2002, 06:10 PM
Fork Horn

You know that if you guide, you will give up your honey holes eventually. Then your customers won't need you.
Old 01-22-2002, 07:43 PM

Why do you want to be a guide?? I want to hear why.
Old 01-23-2002, 04:57 PM

I think all you can do is call around and find out what outfitters are looking for help. I hunted with an outfitter, in Devers, that required you to take them on a hunt to see if you had a clue what you were doing. That was 10 yrs ago. I dont know if they still do that but it seems to be a good way to find out about someones hunting skills. I would also like to be a guide or helper doesnt matter. It would be a great partime job. Doing something you like is the only way to go. What else could I want. Full time fireman and a partime guide. Sounds totally awsome. Good luck in finding a job.
Old 01-23-2002, 08:49 PM

If You Wanna Be a guide...thats none of my business...not that there is anything wrong with them, its just that everybody and their brother wants to be a "duck guide". And all the sudden over these last few years, ppl started duck huntin b/c its the "fashionable" thing. Thats where u get most of the customers.

"ARISE, KILL, EAT"
Acts: 10:13
Old 01-24-2002, 02:19 AM

Hi Iam the author of this question.
I am 23 years old. I have been hunting ducks since I was 4. I have been calling ducks since I was 6. So 19 years going hunting,and 17 years calling. I study the birds year round,(if they stay the winter). I have taken new comers hunting with me many times. And I always walk a way happy. So do they. There is just something about seeing a young hunters face light up when they see the birds start to work,and then getting a kill. Or when you have a so called vet of the waterfowl sport tell you,I didn't know this would work after you bag your limit. And they say well you have taught me something.
I was raised on this great sport of waterfowling,and will always be a waterfolwer. Even at the young age of 23,I could care less if I kill the birds,I would rather call most days just to get the birds in for others to shoot. Don't get me wrong,I still get excited when the flock is almost all greenheads. But this sport is my lifes passion and I would just love to share this wonderful sport with others. I have been on this quest to be aguide since the age of 10. People always laughed at me when I told them what I wanted to be when I grew up,but to me it isn't funny,it is what I want to do.
Thank you for your replies.
And good luck next fall!
Old 01-24-2002, 04:56 PM

Dont we all wish we knew where the best honey holes are and when they are good so we could take someone there for money.

Its not worth doing unless its done right.
Old 01-25-2002, 01:25 AM

Hahahahaha I did and yep I made money. But if you want to babysit yuppies ,crybabies and tight asses go right ahead. I have done this for 15 years and unless you own property this will come back to haunt you.. I have tried to help other guides only to get ripped off, to find them in my fields . So if you wnat to destroy a love go right ahead..HAHAHAHAHA
Old 01-25-2002, 04:15 AM
Spike

Oh what a job it is! You'll have more good days than bad, rest assured. Just give it your all daily, and plan ahead for any situation. This will come with time, and experience. I have been a fishing, and hunting guide for more than 18 years now, and wouldn't trade it for the world.

Questions, or comments? Please feel free to email me at [email protected]

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.