Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

boat paint?

Old 08-14-2008, 07:59 PM

Default boat paint?

Just wanted to see if anyone has any tips on what kind of rubberized floor paint kinda like rino lining that is out there? Thanks Billy
Old 08-15-2008, 04:19 PM

Default RE: boat paint?

Cabelas has a product that worked pretty well in a buddy of mines boat.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:22 AM
Spike

Default Where can I get some Lowe jon boat paint?

The best way to paint the boat would be to sand or soda blast it and then coat it with a hi build epoxy. Then use a compatible top coat and a non copper based bottom paint below the waterline. Hemples makes both the epoxy and the top coat and E-Paint makes a great copper free bottom paint. You need copper free on aluminum so there is no galvanic corrosion.
=============
office chair | office chairs
Old 06-29-2010, 06:43 AM
Fork Horn

Gonna tag along for this, building me a boat now and want to do something to help cushion the footing on the deck.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

man, after re-doing my boat so many times, got tired of buying expensive plywood that didnt last but 5 years or so,
finally had enough and the last time i did it i fiberglassed the plywood before carpeting and upholstering everything. now is been over 8 years and everything is still as strong and sound as day 1. as far as paint with rubber in it i dunno, but i did see a cool matting that was just glued to the floor of the boat.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:53 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
man, after re-doing my boat so many times, got tired of buying expensive plywood that didnt last but 5 years or so,
finally had enough and the last time i did it i fiberglassed the plywood before carpeting and upholstering everything. now is been over 8 years and everything is still as strong and sound as day 1. as far as paint with rubber in it i dunno, but i did see a cool matting that was just glued to the floor of the boat.
here ya go

http://www.wingsupply.com/shop/Scrip...KU.asp?SKU=872
Old 06-29-2010, 10:54 AM
Fork Horn

p.s. if they dont have the size you need there, they have the exact same thing with more sizing options on cabelas and bass pro. friend's dad has same setup, great product and much easier than painting over and over again
Old 06-29-2010, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

lol whats that supposed to be? a cover? everyone would get upset riding round under there at the lake.