Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Funny duck hunting story

Old 10-20-2009, 08:24 PM
Typical Buck

thats hilarious ive done that before also. lmao
Old 10-26-2009, 04:49 PM
Spike

My dad and I were hunting 2 different boats (he is new at fowling) Him and a buddy saw a bluebill swimming into their decoys. He shot it 3 times and it "swam away" So he shot it again. To his embarrassment, it was one of my bluebill decoys that had floated away with the current. I mounted it for him, and we all got a good laugh.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:43 PM
Fork Horn

Kinda reminds of how the fish and game department sometimes will put out a full deer mount out of season to catch guys shooting at it. Crazy how many people they can bust doing this.

Heres a good one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn31hBOvZL4

ha ha
Old 01-08-2010, 09:21 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by WhitBri
To put this thread back on track here is a good one that happened to my father and I. One coot flying from our left, one coot flying from our right. Intersection right in the middle of our decoy spread. They collide mid air. Both fall stone cold dead. We couldn't stop laughing the entire morning.
^^ good point. Glad I joined this forum already
Old 01-17-2010, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

I like your first story, sounded neat!!!
Old 01-18-2010, 09:44 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by WhitBri
To put this thread back on track here is a good one that happened to my father and I. One coot flying from our left, one coot flying from our right. Intersection right in the middle of our decoy spread. They collide mid air. Both fall stone cold dead. We couldn't stop laughing the entire morning.
As embarrassing as this is.... Early saturday morning about three minutes after shoot time, three birds buzzed our blind and although it was early I began blasting and dropped the first one. it wasnt till i got over to pick it up that I realized that I had taken out a coot... it was pretty funny but my dad gave me crap about it for the rest of the day... I felt bad but it was funny cause I unloaded three shots into him before he dropped.

Last edited by cwsims84; 01-18-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

About 20 years ago, a co-workers husband invited me out to Gray Lodge in Northern California to show me a good spot. He brought a buddy with him who was a wildlife biologist. To make a long story short, the wildlife biologist shot a Dowitcher that buzzed us, thinking it was a duck.

We gave him hell, told him he needed to take some more classes

Best of Luck,
Jeff
Old 03-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Spike

Not sure about funny, guy shot a 2pt elk, got it home, then called to report it. It was a mistake, saw the fork on top, didn't check for a browtine. He was hunting with a cop who told him not to bother phoning. He lost his licence for a year, and lost the bull.
Mind you, he went bowhunting with white hip quiver, that give anyone a clue?
Old 03-19-2010, 11:40 AM
Spike

one Saturday morning, 5:00 a.m. and about 25 degrees. we get to the blind and are setting up dekes and I hear a splash. I turn around and my buddy has tripped on something and fell head first into about 2' deep water. plenty wet inside his waders now so I immediately start picking up dekes so I can take him back to the boat ramp. Bobby looks at me and says "what in the hell are you doin?" He says "I AIN'T NO PUNK.....I'm here to kill ducks and that is what I am gonna do!!!" we sit there a few hours and only one green head comes in, I shoot him, bobby is shivering and I asked him does he want to go and he say's no. About 30 minutes later some speckle-bellies come towards us, I start workin the ole redbone speck call and get 'em low and directly overhead and I tell Bobby to cut 'em cause they are on his side. His shoulders the shotgun and it wont work at all, never fired a shot. He looks at me, kinda hangs his head and say's. OK, I'm ready to go home now. I laughed all the way back to the boat ramp with tears frozen to my cheeks.............good times indeed!!!!
Old 03-20-2010, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

I'm in a jon boat with only a trolling motor (reg motor didnt start day before) to get to my spot we leave extra early to be sure we the spot. we were less than 100 yards from spot and heading right at it, it was obvious were we were headed when a guy buzzes in at full speed and pulls into the spot. My brother panicks and wants blood, I smile and just keep going about 1/2 a mile back in a deep cove. I had seen the birds heading in there the week before and didnt think anybody had been hunting it. Early the spot we wanted to hunt was shooting like crazy and we had not shot one time. I started to worry but as the sun made it up over the trees and lit up our decoys it got crazy. We shot 15 mallards only 2 of which were hens. We ended up having an awesome hunt. The funny thing is when we got back to the dock my dad was there and he had been talking to the guys who had come in. He had talked to the gut who had buzzed in on the spot and said we had been shooting like crazy. He said we took the spot he wanted to be in and that he had just an Ok morning