Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Rigging New Decoys?

Old 03-31-2008, 08:46 AM

Default Rigging New Decoys?

Just getting back into duck hunting again and got a couple dozen GHG decoys. The ones we have used in the past only had 1 line "eye" in the front of the keel and1 in the back.My new ones have 2 "eyes" in the front ( with a line lock tab)and 1 in the rear of the keel. I will rig a couple from the rear of the keel to keep them from all facing the same direction but which of the 2 "eyes" in the front is the best to use if you are just using single line rigs. I am not using a texas style or gang rig. I am thinking the "eye" that is located at the front bottom of the keel would be the one to use for a single line and the one in the top front up next to the decoy would be the one to useif you were going to run a string of decoys? Maybe it doesn't matter at all? Any info. would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 04-16-2008, 09:53 AM

Default RE: Rigging New Decoys?

OK if there is anyone else out there that did not know the answer to my question or even cares, I did call a guy at GHG and asked him. He said that it would be better to run the line through the "eye" at the top of the keel ( closest to the bottom of the decoy) if you were using single lines for your decoys. He said if the keel has 2 "eyes" use the bottom one for a Texas style or gang rig. I kinda felt stupid asking but at least now I know