Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 Does anyone use cork decoys? >

Does anyone use cork decoys?

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Does anyone use cork decoys?

Old 02-16-2003, 01:02 PM

Default Does anyone use cork decoys?

L.L.Bean sells duck decoys made out of cork. I' ve also seen instructional videos on how to make cork decoys. Does anyone use these? It looks like they would be expensive to buy but my guess is they would be easy to make. Please let me know if you have any experience with these.

Thanks.
Old 02-16-2003, 03:42 PM

Default RE: Does anyone use cork decoys?

You bet they look good on the water too. I buy cork decoy kits from Jennings Decoy Co. in St. Cloud Mn and make my own they are still expensive but you make them as good as you want. I also made some many years ago from cork salvaged from an old locker plant that was being torn down. That cork is not as good as what you buy specifically for decoys. Good luck on your endeavors.
Old 02-17-2003, 04:17 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Does anyone use cork decoys?

I use cork as the main body in my spread. Mine happen to be from LL Bean. Maybe I' m showing my age ,but when I purchased them they were [email protected] at the time. I' m the proud owner of 42 Bean blocks.
A good cork decoy while heavy will outdraw just about any other commercially produced decoy on the market. Learn how to properly place decoys (I scream when watching TV and see how they put out spreads) and add a dozen or two to your spread and most of the other hunters in your imediate area can watch you shoot and when you' re done and picked up they might get a little shooting in themselves.
Remember , you get what you pay for.