Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Making a Replica Band?

Old 01-15-2008, 05:05 PM
Spike

Default Making a Replica Band?

Does anyone know where or who would make a replicawaterfowl band? On my 07' Arkansas trip, me and the guy i was hunting killed a banded specklebelly goose. We both shot it, so we wanted to both get a band, at least make a replica? Possible or impossible?
Old 01-15-2008, 06:02 PM

Default RE: Making a Replica Band?

idk know but i havent ever seen a band thing before so i cant help or even picture it....so do you have a picture of it

Old 01-15-2008, 06:37 PM

Thats a little silly. The band is a rare treat. Why replicate something like that?

That would be like me making a "replica" of the Beatty Buck and hanging it on my wall.... Why? Making fake bands is sorta shallow. Gotta respect how many hunts it takes to get a real band. You will get another band, if you keep hunting, and you will feel so much better knowing its a real one.

If everyone was making fake bands, then it wouldnt be as special to get a real band. You have to have had the experience to really understand the true meaning of the band... The reward for thousands of birds killed, thousands of shots fired, countless cold early mornings, countless setups, years and years, the sweat and the blood...
Old 01-15-2008, 07:05 PM
Spike

I never said the band wasn't earned. As far as i am concerned killing a band is like you said earned not given. I cant even count how many hours we log in and out of the field. What i am trying to say is we both shot the goose we both wanted to have visual evidence besides our certificate, notgoing out and passing out waterfowls bands for the heck of it.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, Wing Supply sells "fake" bands for $1. You could maybe open it up so it's flat and using a stamp set make another "replica". That maybe the only option you have. I doubt that the state will help you with another band.