Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Where do you work?

Old 11-28-2007, 12:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default Where do you work?

I was wondering where you guys work and in what industries. Any of you forest/wetland managers, wardens or game managers? Agentleman over on the bowhunting website posted a similar question a few weeks back and it drew some interesting responses. Do you find that your professions allow you enough time to hunt?

For me,I am an accoutnant. I am blessed to have a job and am grateful for it. However, I am always having to defend myweekends as personal hunting time.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:14 PM
Spike

Default RE: Where do you work?

use to work for eaton in the truck div lost my job 3 years back and now i'm a sub contractor for them now more money and less bosses
Old 11-28-2007, 03:30 PM

I am an Engineering Manager for my company, I am in charge of the engineers, designers, and drafters doing low voltage electrical systems. I am a registered Fire Alarm Engineer and work my ass off during the 7 months so I can hunt my hunt as much as possible during the season.

I am also a medically retired Drug officer and worked as an Armed Parks Officer enforcing game laws before my medical retirement was finalized.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I ama Process / Tooling Engineer for a diecasting company. Do I have enough time to hunt? HECK NO!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 06:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bandseeker

use to work for eaton in the truck div lost my job 3 years back and now i'm a sub contractor for them now more money and less bosses
We make a ton of parts that go to eaton for the Displacement on demand V8 GM Pickups
Old 11-29-2007, 08:11 AM
Fork Horn

Bandseeker, Waterproof, Carpmaster -

Thank you for your responses. Sounds like we all could use some more time to hunt.

Anybody else have a job or do you all just survive on what you shoot?
Old 11-29-2007, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am a plumber
But lately I have been playing boss on a large project
I get to sit around and make sure the other guys are getting their jobs done

And takeing the $H!T when the other trades don't get their jobs done or done right , so we can work

Today all 6 of the guys are waiting for the carpenders to move a wall 6'
As the prints we have and the "NEW" Print the general has don't match

Oh well we worked 3 days to install all the pipes and lines
Spent 1 1/2days cutting it all out
We will spend 3-4 days re enginering the drains to work and 2 days to install the water lines

All because the owners changed their minds

I think I will cut out early for a few hours of duck hunting

John
Old 11-29-2007, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am active duty Coast Guard. I do get time to hunt but on a weird schedule. My primary job is Search and Rescue, although my specialty is being a Mechanic. Boat mechanic!! Among the many colateral duties the government has decided to give me. I love my job, and like all other jobs little things can make it or break it. I have been Stationed in Ketchikan, Alaska. La Push, Washington. And now in Ludington, Michigan- Which so far is my best duty station!
Old 11-29-2007, 11:48 AM
Typical Buck

I'm in ordinance shipping . I get 3 days a week 17 days over Christmas new years and three weeks to use as I want and the occasional snow day . Still not enough days .The job keeps me out of an office out of the paper work and away from the bosses . Oh my boss hunts too . So we mourn the duck days of fall when we are stuck at work together . Well at the same time .
Old 11-29-2007, 03:49 PM
Fork Horn

I am also a active dutyCoast Guard member. I work in Green bay, I do search and rescue. My primary job is a mechanic. I have been trying to get guys to go out on the bay with me, but thay say it is to cold!

Quick Reply: Where do you work?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.