Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

New Call Need Help

Old 10-18-2007, 01:47 PM

Default New Call Need Help

Can anyone help me with a new call i got today? ItsA Duck Commander Wood duck call its tan. im not sure if you just do the call it says on the box or if theres any others i can use it said to say too-WEET into it is that the only call i can do?
Old 10-19-2007, 07:07 AM

Default RE: New Call Need Help

You want to use soft, hot air, and just barely let the air leave your mouth and literaly say weeet into the call
Old 10-19-2007, 10:44 AM

I like th sound of the duck commander calls, but they do take a lot more air then normal to blow...You need to pull more then normal air out of your diaphram to blow those...They are more designed for closer in calling...
Old 10-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

The air you use to get the correct sound from the call is the same air you would use to fog your glasses, or the air a quarter back says hut hut with. As already been stated, it needs to come from your diaphram. I would suggest spending the money on a Buck Gardner instructional cd. He makes it very easy to understand. I sucked for years until I got Buck's tape and it changed evrything almost overnight. After learning duck calling from his tape, it made learning a short reed goose call a piece of cake!

Good Luck!!!