Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 Are you Duck hunters crazy???? >

Are you Duck hunters crazy????

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Are you Duck hunters crazy????

Old 09-27-2007, 07:53 PM

Default RE: Are you Duck hunters crazy????

ORIGINAL: SwampTHING

Its the smell of a swamp in the dark, the sound of the world coming too life, the sounds of ducks taking off infront of you as you paddle into a little honey hole, the splash a decoy makes right after you just tossed it, the muskrat swimming through your decoys.

then the sun just starts too light things up a bit. you hear the whistling of wings above you, the sight of birds trading back and forth, the solitary quack of a hen mallard looking for friends. its the perfect cadence of a well used duck call, the first time the birds notice your dekes, the fly by just out of range, then the circle too come back and look, again just out of range, the circle once again this time the wings cup and the feet start sticking straight out, the whisperring too your buddy,,keep your head down...wait for it, wait for it. the command "get em" a couple buddies raise up and start picking out targets, withthe dogs shaking in anticipation. the send, the retrieve, the shake too dislodge water out of the fur afterwards. the smell of wet dog in the blind, in the truck, and in your mind!

Its the sitting back and smelling the coffee, the smell of cigar smoke,, the b.s.'ing about life, work and love, would be's, could be's.. and those that are no longer with us!

honestly there is no more social hunting than waterfowling. Its not about the kill or shouldnt be... its the experience of taking it all in with good friends,, whether that be you and just your dog, or a group of buddies! I hope im pernitted to do this until the day I die.. You can take away any other hunting that I do,, I just want too spend that time in a duck blind!!!

That my friend was one heck of an answer. I don't think anyone could have said it better.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:43 PM

Default RE: Are you Duck hunters crazy????

As I was reading these answers, i already had in mind what i was going to write. Then i ran across Swampthings reply. Needless to say he took the words right out of my mouth.The only draw back to waterfowl hunting is it is only about 3 months out of a year that we get the privilege to chase the oh so elusive waterfowl. Boy i cant wait till thanksgiving day.