Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE >

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE

Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE

Old 07-06-2007, 09:24 PM

Default CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE

I WANT TO START DUCK HUINTING BUT DONT HAVE A CLUE WHERE TO START. IF U CAN HELP ME OUT WITH CAMO BRAND, SIZE SHOT, TIPS, I WANT TO HUNT CANADA GOOSE AND MALLARD DUCKS. ANY TIPS/ INFORMATION WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS
-HILLBILLY DELUXE
Old 07-06-2007, 11:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE

What part of the world do you reside?

I would help, but I just took a 9 year highatis from watefowl, and now I am gettingback into it, but a whole different part of the country, The East Coast, so now I got to relearn again.

But shot size will be determined by the fowl you will hunt, in steel, I used mostly 1's and some 3's
Old 07-07-2007, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey welcome to waterfowl fever!
Just like cessna said we really need some specifics. Are you hunting water or land? Have a boat or a dog? The list goes on and on. Buy a couple dozen decoys. Learn to do some basic quack/ honks and a feeding chuckle. And then get out there and learn. I used to go sit in the park and listen to the ducks and geese. and then try to mimic there sounds. Worked for me. Anything I can help you with please let me know.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:44 AM

IM FROM NEW JERSEY IN THE SOUTHERN END. I HAVE A BLACK LAB WHICH I CAN PROBABLY GET SOME LESSONS ON TRAINING HIM, I DONT HAVE A BOAT BUT KNOW A GUY WHO IS SELLING A NICE DUCK BOAT, AND ILL PROBABLY HUNT OVER A LAKE.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:38 PM
Fork Horn

Make sure you use an effective load for the fowl you are going after and the ranges your shooting. I never use less then BB for geese, but i prefer to use BBB (kent faststeel) for mallards your going to want to use probably #2s, but you can always go smaller if it is close distance. Otherwise go to the library and pick up some books, M.D. Johnson makes 2 great duck and goose books, Successful duck hunting and successful goose hunting. Camo usually depends on the area, i am a fan of advantage max 4, mossy oak shadow grass, and also there is a new pattern called duck blind. Read these posts to get info, look on the internet for tips and tricks. PM me if you have any more specific questions.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:31 PM

Just get regular grenn camo , t shot (Federal) deeks