Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Cookin Geese

Old 01-24-2007, 10:29 AM
bigcountry

Default Cookin Geese

Help me out guys. I have 4 breasts from canadians. Wife has gave me the duty of supplying dinner tonight. I always roasted it at 350 with bacon on top with salt and pepper. Its ok. Any good rub? Should I marinade it? I need to impress her to justify my duck hunting trips.

Old 01-24-2007, 10:37 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Cookin Geese

Country fried goose is always good. Besides that, I would tenderize and soak in Italian dressing and BBQ if you don't want to get all fancy. "Chicken" strips are always good too. There are a bunch of good ways, try your favorite chicken reciepie. I always like to tenderize the goose though. Good Luck.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:04 AM

Ohh and You leave those "Canadian" breasts alone,, they are mine too play with! "Canada goose" breasts,, have at it!

Few recipes ive tried that were good.
1)

Monterey jack cheese
Mushrooms
Onions,
2 cloves of garlic
oil,butter
bacon strips
salt peeper, seasoning salt

Take out some goosebreasts and let them thaw

then i sprinkled with garlic slat, pepper, seasiong salt and beat the living hell out of them with a meat mallet.(i always beat them no matter how i cook them) to 1 get the seasoning into the meat and 2 to tenderize it

then i got a slit into the breast the whole length of the breast to form a pocket

Sautee(Sp?) up some mushrooms onions and garlic in butter and oil.
Stuffed the mixture inside the breast with a big fat chunk of monteray and fold the pocket closed. warp in bacon , put in a pot with some water in the bottom to keep it moist and throw in the oven at 350 for 30-50 mins depnding on thickness of the breast.
or you could just toss on the Q.

DO NOT OVER COOK. TAKE OUT OF THE OVEN RARE AND LET SIT, in a few minutes it will be medium rare and thats how you want wild game to be cooked. i find alot of ppl that cook wild game of any sorts but especially geese over cook then complain about how tough and gamey it tastes. WIld game is meant to be cooked rare or medium at best. Thats it thats all.

2)
Cube the breast, coat cubes in mustard, shake in bag with italian bread crumbs, deepfry. Then coat in Franks hot sauce and dip in blue cheese or ranch. Just like chicken wings.

3)
GooseRimaki (sp?)

Take the breast and cut it into 2" x 2" cubes.

Slice a pocket.

Fill with minced garlic (25%), onion (25%) and CILANTRO (50%)

Wrap with a bacon strip and toothpick to close.

Broil or grill to medium rare.

4)
My favorite by far!

Ron’s Corned Goose

Trim fat and wing tendon off of breast. Leave breast meat whole (half a
breast).
All dry ingredients.
2 tbsps tenderquick
1 " Br. Sugar
1/2 " Mustard seed
1/3 " Black pepper
1/2 teasp paprika
1/2 " Allspice
1/2 tsp Garlic powder
1/2 " crushed bay leaves
This does 2 to 3 lbs meat. It should do 2 halves of a breast depending
on size.

Mix all above . Roll breast in mix. pack in zip lock bag and
refrigerate, flipping the bag every day for 7 days.

After 7 days, place in Reynolds cooking bags, (do not rinse off spices)
place in roasting pan, and roast for 90 minutes at 300 degrees. Shorter time for snow geese or ducks.

Do not “layer” the meat in the cooking bag. Ok for the pieces to touch,
but not one on top of the other.

[/align]
Old 01-24-2007, 11:40 AM
Fork Horn

I got this from another site. tried it the other night and I will certainly be making it again

Goose BBQ

Cook the Breasts in apple cider (enough to cover all of the meat)and a little salt and a chicken bulion cube in the crock pot.
Then shread the cooked breast with 2 forkslike you would do for a bar-b-q sandwich.

ad in your favorite bbq sausce mix togather and put back in the crock for 15-20 mins.

Awsome Goose BBQ
Oh yeah get the good buns (the ones that won't fall apart) lightly toast them and put a small amout of that spray butter on them.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:41 AM
Fork Horn

Slo-pitch,

How long in the crock pot?
Old 01-26-2007, 07:44 AM
bigcountry

Thanks guys, think I am going with the Monterary Jack cheese recipie

Old 01-26-2007, 08:44 AM
Fork Horn

Slo-pitch,

How long in the crock pot?
I cooked it on the 8 hour (slow cook) setting. Put it in when I went to work and took it out when I got home.

I tried a second batch with just water and 2 chicken bullion cubes instead of the cider and I actually liked that better. I think it has a lot to do with the type of BBQ sause also. I will definatly be making it agian replacing just water for the cider. The cider made it a little too sweet.

Old 01-26-2007, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

A recipe that's worked well for me...

Mix of equal parts of worcester, soy sauce, olive oil in a bag or plastic container. Add 1 tsp ea. of garlic powder & cajun seasoning to the mix. Let the meat soak for 30min to several hours.

Grill over good coals, to rare like a steak. You may have to baste the breasts with some of the marinade just before flipping them (once only).
Sprinkle salt & pepper or cajun seasoning while the meat is resting.Slice, serve and enjoy.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:24 PM

slice it thin

Goose Parm !!!! tasty
Old 01-27-2007, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

cant go wrong with goose jerky and its super easy just find any jerky reicpe and substitute beef with goose,also you can add your own seasonsing

Quick Reply: Cookin Geese

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.