Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Carrying full bodies?

Old 01-20-2007, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default Carrying full bodies?

I have a question for you guys, how do you carry out your full body goose decoys in fields you cannot drive into. All season we had to carry them by hand which got to be a real pain, only being able to take 2 or 3 per trip. Just wondering if you guys had any good methods to make the trip easier, thanks
Joey
Old 01-20-2007, 03:46 PM

Default RE: Carrying full bodies?

get a bag for them, you can fit a bunch of htem in it.. this is just an example, there are better ones and there are worse, I just picked a random one http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templa...4887&Nty=1
Old 01-20-2007, 05:39 PM

Ive seen a couple very good ideas,, this one is about the best idea ive seen. Build 4 of them and 2 guys can bring out a dozen or more each (depending on size you make them)on every trip.

Old 01-21-2007, 09:36 AM
Fork Horn

How long are the pieces of PVC, from the picture im guessing that they are 6ft long to carry them, an elbow on each end, and then a foot and a half for carrying pieces? if you could give me the dimensions of the pieces that would be great
thanks
Joey
Old 01-21-2007, 11:23 AM
Typical Buck

Get a game cart like the Mag Hauler (Cabela's) and a couple of large decoy bags. You should be able to carry a dozen full bodies.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

seeing as they are bulky not heavy i use a 6 slot bag from avery but try bagsbydiane
Old 01-21-2007, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I load up an ice fishing equiptment scoop-type sled with dekes, shotguns, shells, bottled water and just drag it behind me. This time of year bring a stick for stability on snow-covered ice.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:20 PM

I have no idea on dimensions. Pulled those pictures off of a small Canadian waterfowl site. Im sure you could make it any size you wanted and just hook up a bungy sort of deal too keep them from moving around. I think i'd make the end parts connect too each other though. I know there was a few guys that made very similar "carriers" and they were raving about them. same reason,, muddy fields.