Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Getting rid of dead bodies.... >

Getting rid of dead bodies....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Getting rid of dead bodies....

Old 09-23-2008, 05:46 PM

Default Getting rid of dead bodies....

One thing I overlooked. What do you all do with your carcasses? I couldnt think of a decent place to get rid of it, so I dumped it in a known coyote stomping grounds. I hate to feed coyotes, but I really couldnt think of anything better to do with it.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Getting rid of dead bodies....

Where I live they are considered municipal watse and are bagged up and put out with the regular curbside trash.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

We have a pit that we dump them in on our place and it does make a good place to kill a couple hogs or yote's too!
Fork Horn

i dump mine in a corner of my property and have a cam set up just to see what kind of critters are on my land. you would be surprised. just make sure its not near someones house. you get a hot day and they will be cussing you when it starts to stink.
Nontypical Buck

I have the pleasure of taking them out to the back 40, in our established dumping spot...
Old 09-23-2008, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

Our local landfill has a pit for carcass's
Old 09-23-2008, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Let me first say this topic is brought up from time to time and it is the most hilarious thread I have ever read on here. For some reason all of these posts crack me up. I have often wondered this same thing and I love the fact that leaving a carcass and guts in the woods is a perfectly acceptable way of dealing with them.

I have also been curioius to see just who shows up to do the clean up work. It's amazing that it gets disposed of so quickly. Also it is "all natural" so it has the green thing going for it as well. lol

Yes, I agree with not doing it near peoples houses if you can help it. Sometimes it would be kind of difficult I imagine if you are hunting backyard bucks?!
Old 09-23-2008, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

I have a DOT dumping area and I asked the DOT to dump carcasses.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: shrewbeer

One thing I overlooked. What do you all do with your carcasses? I couldnt think of a decent place to get rid of it, so I dumped it in a known coyote stomping grounds. I hate to feed coyotes, but I really couldnt think of anything better to do with it.
We usually take them out in the middle of the desert and bury them ....ya can't have the Feds find 'em .........oh! you're talking about DEER!!!! [8D]
Old 09-23-2008, 06:17 PM
Typical Buck

My father in law will literally stuff the head legs and everything else into his curbside garbage cans. Picture driving down the street of a nice upper class subdivision and seeing two garbage cans with legs and a deer head protruding out of the top of them. No joke he won't even bother trying to bag it or break it down into smaller pieces. I think he likes to upset his uptight neighbors.

Quick Reply: Getting rid of dead bodies....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.