Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

WaterFowl Loads

Old 02-27-2007, 03:10 PM

Default RE: WaterFowl Loads

Remington didn't exactly buy the rights to hevi-shot, they leased it from them and paid them a percentage of the sale of the shells. The biggest thing that pisses me off was that Remington told the creator that they would be selling hevi-shotforless than $10 a box for 2 3/4" and they would pay him something like $.15 on every box. They ended up selling it for almost twice what they said they would. When the contract was up, they wouldn't allow Remington to use it anymore, but Remington all but stole the meathod of making hevi-shot and made their own version (HD), which is almost identical, but still the slightest bit lighter than hevi-shot, but still heavier than lead.
[/quote] yea and the HD is more expencive
Old 03-01-2007, 05:19 PM
Typical Buck

What about choke tubes, what would be best for my browning gold 12g with #4 hevi shot. I was thinking about buying the browning duck commander in Improved Modified. Also am looking into Kicks chokes, pattern master, or the Jelly head.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

If your shooting decoyed birds all you need is an improved choke. If your pass shooting you would probably want a modified choke. Never used one, but my buddy swears by his pattern master, and he's a darn good shot. Good Luck.