Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 Carry-lite wood duck decoys >

Carry-lite wood duck decoys

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Carry-lite wood duck decoys

Old 12-24-2006, 09:21 AM

Default Carry-lite wood duck decoys

I have orderd some carry-lite wood duck decoys they looked the most realistick to me I was wondering what your opinion was if there is anything better.
Old 12-25-2006, 05:22 PM

Default RE: Carry-lite wood duck decoys

greenhead gears wood duck decoys are lightyears ahead of carry lite as far as realism. I know carylites are nearly half the price but it was worth it to me to get the ones that look real. Carylites might work fine on the ducks tho, who knows.
Old 12-26-2006, 10:43 AM

there fine GHG are nice but those ducks fly so fast and come in so quick they wont even notice the only promblemI got with the carry-lites is there small but you will kill plenty of birds over them.
Old 12-27-2006, 06:22 AM

When the ducks are out they are only seeing blocks, they really do not see colors untill they get closer. And I have found that as long as the decoys are durable and the paint does not chip, you will proabably get ducks in on them. I have a dozen flambeau mallards that I bought in the 80's that I still shoot ducks over and I have never had to do any touch up paintng on them. You should be happy with your carry lites, I have used carry lites and never had a paint chipping problem with them.