Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Camo netting ?

Old 11-21-2006, 08:59 PM
Spike

Default Camo netting ?

I at times have to anker my boat out off shore a couple hundred yards, and was wondering what camo netting you all like for concealing your boat. I just want to break up it's hard outline on the watter. We wade ashore and put our spread out there and the boat sits in the backround. What do you recomand. We hunt in a bay and have to deal with tides, so pulling the boat up into the shallows and concealing it in the bushes is not always an option. All input would be great.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Camo netting ?

You need to go with something that resembles the native "bushes". And, if possible and legal, use the native bushes themselves. Nothing handier than a stout bush axe for this. A few quick swings and you'll have enough to cover the boat.

If this is not possible, then you can use fast grass, or some other type of woven palm grass. And I am sure you likely have the ubiquitous palmetto bush around, these are great because they are sturdy and weather proof. Also readily found in marshy areas. If all else fails...raid the office supply store and buy up some ficus trees!