Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 Accuracy of Article? (new hunter) >

Accuracy of Article? (new hunter)

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Accuracy of Article? (new hunter)

Old 10-20-2006, 12:35 PM

Default Accuracy of Article? (new hunter)

Hey there guys, I'm pretty new to the hunting scene as my family wasn't too interested in it but my cousin and I enjoy going upstate (in NY) and trying our luck with some things. We were looking to get into duck hunting and he pointed out that Maxim, which I read quite often, did an article online about duck hunting and I was wondering if some vet's, or at least people more experienced than ourselves, could shed some light on this and show if its accurate? Article here: http://www.maximonline.com/articles/index.aspx?a_id=7324&src=mx175
Old 10-20-2006, 09:28 PM

Default RE: Accuracy of Article? (new hunter)

GreenGun24, I would like to start by saying that is one of the biggest loads of s@#% I have ever heard, drunken duck hunting? cant hunt after the sun comes up? 30 ducks for 3 guys? Amongst stupid, this author sounds unethical as well as unsafe. I would like to welcome you to the forum but if thats what youre expecting out of hunting then youre dead wrong. have a good time,be safe,and enjoy yourself!

P.s. most important of all be safe! and i would also like to apologize for my rant, but thats the kind of information that sterotypes hunters as drunken irresponsible rednecks.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:22 PM
Fork Horn

Who ever wrote that load has never seen a live duck outside of the park.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:08 AM

Only thing that guy has ever shot,,, is flying pink elephants!
Old 10-23-2006, 08:49 PM

That writer probably got his inspiration from the whiskey display at the local liquor store....Sheesh you can just smell it when some no talent hack writes without actually experiencing it for themselves.

And to think I use to like reading that magazine...Glad I saw the light and going to ready my next issue of field and stream.

Sounds like the writer likes the whiskey more that the hunting...I like a nice relaxing drink too but only when the day is done, the dogs have been fed and the birds are cleaned and grillin' - never before.

You want to read some real material get a subscription to field and stream, Waterfowl hunter or another fine publication...
Old 10-24-2006, 08:40 AM
Typical Buck

At the bottom of the page click on the "Talk to us" page and send Maxim a comment about this particular article. I let them know how I felt about it, and hopefully they will acknowledge it.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

That article is completely the most worthless piece of information-LACKING garbage I have ever seen!!! My 4 year old daughter could give better waterfowling insight!!! Just ask questions here and read old posts for info, do online searches, read waterfowling magazines, DU, waterfowler, etc....

What a joke! I cant believe that was published![:@][:'(] What a bunch of F^%$tards!!!
Old 10-26-2006, 10:33 AM

That article is full of nothing that would even be considered close to what happens. This guy just gives the liberals more reason to want to ban hunting al together. Drunken hunting, taking way over the limit and just pretty much a bunch of bull. I cannot even think of words to decribe how totally wrong he is.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:54 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]