Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

SW MO Duck Hunting

Old 09-27-2006, 05:04 PM

Default SW MO Duck Hunting

Hey guys I am new to the area and am looking for some spots to go dock hunting. I currently live in Springfield MO. Is there any boady here who is from around here?
Old 09-27-2006, 07:21 PM

Default RE: SW MO Duck Hunting

I am from N. Illinois and come down to hunt in Mo. a lot. There are great state run locations in Mo the draw back is that there are draws and big lines. I have gone down and not gotten a good draw on more than one occasion. Take a look at you state DNR or dept of wildlife website. There is a ton of info.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:19 PM

ya I know about the duck draw blind. That sounds like a pain the butt. I personally hate it myself. That is why I think it would be awesome to get on some private land if somebody lets me.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

go dock hunting.
thats easy just go to your local lake there is always a dock if there is a boat launch. you cant take them home and eat them though, they are a little hard

Old 09-28-2006, 11:14 AM

I was in your shoes a few years ago. I hunted asa kid with my father and his buddies. Then in H.S. and college I took some time away from the sports. WHen I wanted to get back into the life I had to start from scratch. There are a couple of things I leardned and plagerized from another site,that I can passalong to you.

Taking a guy hunting that you have never met, or giving up a good hunting spot is risky. I'm not saying everyone would do this but that guy that they take hunting may take a mile if you give him an inch. For instance finding a good duck hole and shooting it EVERYDAY, or pissing off a land owner and ruining it for everybody. So best thing to do is put in your own grunt work. Waterfowl and deer hunting are expensive sports, $$$ talks. Look into an outfitter or some of the local clubs. Go knock on some farmers doors and ask for permission.

I don't have a boat but I have a good dog.I bring something to the table, put together a few dozen deeks. THat kind of thing. Good luck hope you get out this season. Waterfowl hunting as a great, but expensive sport.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:50 PM

Maybe I should have made myself a little clearer.

I am not looking for a specific spot. I am looking for a good stream/river that has good waterfowl flights on it. I think finding a spot from there is apart of hunting. So if anyone could help me out with fiding a general area to start looking it would be appriciated