HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - SW MO Duck Hunting
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 11:14 AM
jaysweet3

Default RE: SW MO Duck Hunting

I was in your shoes a few years ago. I hunted asa kid with my father and his buddies. Then in H.S. and college I took some time away from the sports. WHen I wanted to get back into the life I had to start from scratch. There are a couple of things I leardned and plagerized from another site,that I can passalong to you.

Taking a guy hunting that you have never met, or giving up a good hunting spot is risky. I'm not saying everyone would do this but that guy that they take hunting may take a mile if you give him an inch. For instance finding a good duck hole and shooting it EVERYDAY, or pissing off a land owner and ruining it for everybody. So best thing to do is put in your own grunt work. Waterfowl and deer hunting are expensive sports, $$$ talks. Look into an outfitter or some of the local clubs. Go knock on some farmers doors and ask for permission.

I don't have a boat but I have a good dog.I bring something to the table, put together a few dozen deeks. THat kind of thing. Good luck hope you get out this season. Waterfowl hunting as a great, but expensive sport.