Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Early Goose Results

Old 09-04-2006, 10:14 AM
Spike

Default Early Goose Results

First night out our group put the hammer down on some honkers. How everybody elses luck going for early goose?
Old 09-04-2006, 01:20 PM

Default RE: Early Goose Results

Glad to hear that yours went good because mine stunk, every thing went wrong, I got a late start the area where the geese had been all summer worn't there so I had to move to my back up spot and when I pulled in a flock of 30 or so geese flew over so I figured that I had missed them but I started walking anyway and about 40 feet from the car two other hunters came out with a huge goose (to add insult to injurry) and no I didn't get anything but it was nice to be on my first hunt of the season, I'm going out again tonight but I don't think I'll have much luck, sence I usually hunt in the mornning, we'll see though.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:05 PM
Spike

You never know though some of your best hunts come during the evening. Do you use a flag? I know that the flagging is a key to having success, and also having a partner that is on the same page as you. If both of you are on the same page with calling and flagging, the geese are in trouble.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:32 PM

I hear that too but I don't use deks so it dosen't apply to me. I hunt on a river and wait for the geese to fly over or try to put the stalk on um. It works for the other hunters too although they said it was a little slow. But if it was duck season I would have had a big smile on my face, they were every where, I even saw two canvasbacks, which was cool. Good luck!