Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Low Profile Layout

Old 06-18-2006, 11:57 AM

Default Low Profile Layout

It's getting that time of year for me to start gearing up for hunting seasons, and have decided to buy a layout blind.

what we usually do during goose season is catch the birds on their way from the local lake to farm ponds, or fields. We'll find where they are going, and then shoot the snot out of them for a week or so,then find other geese on a different local flight path. I'll dig one man 'coffin' pits, cover up with camo burlap and corn stalks, and stay pretty hidden...looksreal good. problem is that I get tired of doing this all the time, and am going to make the jump into a blind.

I'm wanting a blind that is super low profile andoffers good visability. I don't want to look like a small mountain out there.Being waterproof and well insulated is not a big concern at this point. Lightweight concealment is the keyword here.

Any suggestions??
Old 06-18-2006, 03:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Low Profile Layout

You won't get much lower than an Avery Power Hunter, or much cheaper, or any lighter. They are little more than a camo body bag with a head rest. They are not very comfy, but a lot better than a dug out pit. Jim
Old 06-20-2006, 08:26 PM

Default RE: Low Profile Layout

I actually have hunted out of that blind, and it's pretty close to what I'm looking for. I did, however see a blind that sparked my interest in the latest bass pro catalog. It's a FA 'Jeff Foiles sig series????' anyways, it looked like what I want, and I could drive 45 min. to his store in Pittsfield,IL and try and buy.

http://secure.mycart.net/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=4765662&showprevnext=1