Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

FA layout blinds

Old 08-29-2007, 03:45 PM

Default FA layout blinds

I am considering maybe buying one of these blinds this year. What can you guys tell me about the SUB. Does it transport well into and out from the field. I know this is stupid but can you fold it up to carry it. It is hard to get it ready in the field to hunt with? Also, is it very comfortable to hunt out of? The other blind is the Foiles Signature Blind Express. I have the same questions about this blind. Are layout blinds worth the money or should I just get some more decoys.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:45 PM

Default RE: FA layout blinds

It sure does. I don't disassemble mine, however, others do. It has a strap to carry it, and is big enough to fit gun, thermos, shooting bag, etc. and the hunter inside. Mine is in Max-4 camo, works well just about anywhere. It sure as heck opens up more area to hunt as you can lay in the decoy spread in the middle of the field.

My only regret is that I wasn't smart enough to invent one of those blinds myself.

Buy one, you will not regret it.

DetSgt14[8D]
"If it flies, it dies"
Old 09-01-2007, 08:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: FA layout blinds

I agree, great blind. Layout blinds are the way to go for all the reasons mentioned above. I also have it in Max-4, but I've seen field kahki in the field also, and is blends it very well when brushed in, and also is like 40-50 bucks cheaper I believe.