Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

I CANT MAKE IT!!!!!!

Old 06-02-2006, 12:33 AM

Default I CANT MAKE IT!!!!!!

Ive already got the duck itch real bad and fishing just wont cut it anymore! how do yall pass the time till that magical time of year (Duck Season) rolls around? waterfowling is the only hunting i do and duck man cannot live off fish alone.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:45 AM

Default RE: I CANT MAKE IT!!!!!!

I think you should check your decoys to see if any need repainting or rerigging. Set the ones aside those that need work and then get what you need to put them back in shape. It is also a good time to get a Cabela or other Waterfowl catalog to see what new gear you need. tTere are all kinds of good books on waterfowling that aren't as good as doing the actual hunting but you may learn something from.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:15 PM

sadly... i work. but flyfishing and tying really helps

whats your most memorable hunt?

les
Old 06-04-2006, 10:17 PM

I would have to say my most memorable hunt was my very first. I cant shake that feeling of excitment i fell in love with duckhunting in a flash i could never forget sitting in the blind and the serenity of a sunrise sitting on a stool behind some cattails. i dont even have the words to explain it but i feel darn lucky to have found something i enjoy so much. I think if everyone had an activity they loved to do as much as i love to waterfowl the world would be a much better place.

(p.s. all i shot on my first trip was a buffelhead! )
Old 06-06-2006, 08:40 AM

Watch as many duck hunting videos as possible... Over the years, a huge collection of Duck Commander Videos-DVD's have been the best treatment for duckaholisim, duck hunting dependancy....

Old 06-07-2006, 10:00 AM

Get a Duck Hunting Game!!! Can't beat the view of "cupped and comitted" as I like to call it.