Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Redhead Bone-Dry Waders

Old 01-29-2006, 09:04 AM

Default Redhead Bone-Dry Waders

I went out this morning hunting......i shot a woodie and couldnt find it....so i jumped out of the boat and started walking looking around in the flooded timber. i got to about waist deep and realized that my waders were leaking....and in a spot that you dont want that cold water to hit. These waders are very new ive only used them twice....do any of yall have the redhead waders or heard of anyone having problems with them?? I got to get this little problem fixed.....this morning was a new kind of cold that i really dont want to deal with next season. Thanks fellas.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Redhead Bone-Dry Waders

i ripped mine.. got new ones no questions asked but id rather have anything cabelas brand it seems better quality
Old 01-29-2006, 03:03 PM

yeah cabela's brands are pretty nice. I just had to order a new pair of waders because the thread around one knee pad. I called them and they sent me a pair of new waders that were a little bit more but were a different pattern
Old 01-29-2006, 06:10 PM

i had the same problem with my hodgems this year so if you get a fix let me know
Old 01-30-2006, 05:55 AM

If you use any enough times it is bound to happen Ibuy a pair each year, if you look around you canfind Neoprene's around $70.00 I would not even consider an expensive pair.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:44 PM

Sorry, RD, I disagree. I hunt pretty hard, and I've been hunting out of a pair of Cabela's Ultimate waders the last 3 years and have had no problems. They are the warmest piece of equipment I use, and quite possibly the most important piece I own......next to the gun. I would put money into a quality pair of waders and take care of them. They will take care of you.

Cabela's has been known to replace thier waders at no cost (even shipping) up to 2 years after purchase. When they garuantee something...they stand behind it.

If you've only worn your waders twice, take 'em back. Bass Pro should replace them, no questions. If they don't, get your money back and head to Cabela's.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:15 AM

Well plate I guess that is why we are intitled to our own opinions, I know under my conditions that it takes a pair a year to make it, last year on the last day I poured out at least a gallon of water from each foot ofmy waders. I don't know how much or how many times a year you hunt but I am at it hard. All in all I wouldn't even consider paying over $100 for a pair of waders.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:47 AM

Yup, you know what they say about opinions!!

Just this year, I ran into many underwater hazards that would tear a lesser pair of neoprenes to shreds. I can remember off the top of my head walking into logs, sticks, the corner of my aluminum jon boat....and many other obstacles that I thought were sure to spring me a leak. Nothing doing. Next year will be year number 4 with my Cabela's.

I need warmth in my feet, or I won't last the day. Cheaper waders just don't cut it.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:20 PM

my waders arenot tore their leaking in the seem that is twice in the past three years this has happened both times its been in a pair of hodgmen 139$ a pair or more tear are aEZ FIX how do you fix a leaking seem

Old 02-02-2006, 10:33 AM

I use the Hodgman's but have never seen the seam leak I don't know if you can repair that? If you go to a better pair they might hold up better as I mentioned I am not looking for alot out of mine though. jplate seems to like his cabelas brand.