Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 Last weekend duck hunting. >

Last weekend duck hunting.

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Last weekend duck hunting.

Old 10-19-2005, 06:46 AM

Default Last weekend duck hunting.

Well i took this kid out duck hunting, he has been after me to take him for about a month,so i took him out on opening day. He had a blast, we got set up at about 2:00AM in the boat, and all morning people were driving by spotlighting us, we had the best spot in the marsh. Then we could hear these people cusing at us and calling us names because we had THE spot. LOL the kid i was hunting with was like why are they saying all of that, i just told him to wait till shooting time and see allof the ducks pile into our spread. So the sun came up and we put a hurtin on them (even with the guy that set up 80 yards downwind of us). I ended up just calling while he shot his limit of ducks, he had 2 drake mallards, 2 grean wing teal hens, and a drake and a hen wood duck. Then he wanted to try and call the ducks, he didn't sound too bad and actually called in some ducks for me, i ended up shooting 3 teal and 3 drake mallards, so we left with a limit at about 9:00AM and the boat downwind of us by 80 yards didn't even shoot a duck yet. We just kind of drove by them as cody the kid i was with was sorting the ducks up in the front of the boat. I bet they were cusing then
Old 10-19-2005, 07:51 AM

Default RE: Last weekend duck hunting.

Great Story!!!! Their is nothing better than seeing a kids eyes opening morning with ducks all around I take my nephew and he absolutely loves it he got to kill his first duck last juvenille season! And just thank now you have a hunting buddy anytime you wanT one!!!
Old 10-19-2005, 10:37 AM

Yea he had a lot of fun, he gets out of school early today and wants me to take him again this afternoon. So hopefully we can get on some more ducks. He just didn't understand why the other hunters were mad at us for shooting ducks, he said to me if they were shooting ducks i would be happy for them. I couldn't help but laugh, i just told him that there are hunters like us and there are Jerks that call themselves hunters like those guys.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:20 PM

great story. sounds like you got him hooked. man 2:00 am yall sound like us . do you guys hunt on a river or where?
Old 10-20-2005, 07:19 AM

Yea we hunt in Pool 13 of the Mississippi River. We went out again last night 0ct 19, and shot another limit. Man it was fun, i have pictures this time LOL. I will post them. We didn't get the spot that i wanted so we just set up in a little pocket and the ducks wanted in. there were ducks EVERYWHERE, We ended up shooting 3 Drake Mallards, 4 Teal, 4 Gadwals, and a spoonbill (BIG LIPS) The picture doesn't include 1 of the teal because while i was scrunging to reload i kind of grabed a 3 1/2 in. BB shell out of my blind bag, and that was the end of that duck. There was nothing left of it so we left it and went home, So we shot a limit but went home with 11 ducks. LOL i didn't want to just throw the duck out and then sit there and shoot 1 more duck, i just thought that would be showing the kid that that is the right thing to do, when i dont think it is. But anyway we had fun, and he had a blast. Again the guys at the marsh didn't like us at all and we got cussed at on the boat ramp by grown men, They dont like it when a 19 and a 13 year old go out a shoot a limit when they only come home with 2 ducks

Old 10-20-2005, 07:20 AM

WOW that is a small picture i will resize it and put it on again.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:21 AM

Heres a bigger picture