Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 Anyone been to Saskatchewan? >

Anyone been to Saskatchewan?

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Anyone been to Saskatchewan?

Old 10-17-2005, 06:32 PM
Spike

Default Anyone been to Saskatchewan?

I'm looking into going up to Saskatchewan next fall with my father to do some goose/duck hunting. I've found some info on the search engines but I was wondering if anyone who has been would mind suggesting an outfitter that they have had a good experience with? Also I'd love to have some suggestions/tips for waterfowling in SK from anyone who has been.

Also, does anyone know how the season has been going this year?

Thanks in advance,
Jayson
Old 10-17-2005, 07:32 PM

Default RE: Anyone been to Saskatchewan?

http://www.thundercreekoutfitters.com/index1.htmgive Mike a call he will treat you well
Old 10-17-2005, 07:33 PM

this years season has not been bad but not as good as last season due to the weather last year this time we had snow but this year its been warm
Old 10-17-2005, 08:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Guys are pounding them in the central and especially northern regions this year. Goose hunting is unreal the past number of years (loads of snows, lots of canadas and specs as well) and while their are ducks I haven't seen the huge flocks of yester years...however I think that has more to due with the years previous being very dry and forcing them to switch up the patterns some. I haven't heard much about south...but like mentioned it has been fairly mild and the geese don't seem to be moving to fast in that direction. With all the standing or laying crop and excess of moisture the need to leave without weather isn't really their. I know many guys who are still hammering them way up north when previous their season would be rapped up by now. The bag limits and seasons are very generous in these parts. Plus the past few years the upland game has really beenfairing well due to the milder winters....this year they are tough to hunt b/c of all the standing crops, so if we get another mild winter they will be even better.

Outfitters can't really help you, just do your reasearch and get referals. Hunting up here is great for waterfowl and mostly done over coys.

Best of luck
Old 10-17-2005, 09:55 PM

We just finished 5 days of hunting with a total of 374 ducks and geese.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:59 PM
Spike

Thanks for the info guys. I looked at Mikes site and I was rather impressed with it. So many of the guides up their seem to have the "mass operation" thing going from what I can gather on their sites...I've always been a fan of the "mom and pop" operations.

I love that it suggest bringing 2 guns

I guess I'm finally going to have to go on a shopping splurge and get that benelli I've been wanting for years

If anyone else has something to add I'd like to hear it.

Thanks,
JAH