Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

Fluid head noise

Old 10-25-2011, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default Fluid head noise

Hey everyone, i run an HV20 on a camera arm with a Manfrotto HDV 701 fluid head. This will be the third season i have had it out in the woods with me.

It seems like there is alot of noise transmitted to the videocamera from touching the camera arm to most movements from it. I noticed last night at one point i was checking the low light conditions with the videocamera, and as i was panning up and down it was making some kind of sticking noise. I will tell you that every time i take it out and mount the camera to the arm the up and down adjustment is always loose. I tighten it up just enough so the videocamera wont point down from it's weight alone and it seems to work fine. But there is noise from the fluid head as i pan up and down. I don't here it at the time but when i play it back later i can here every little sound it makes.

I have a clip for you all to check out and tell me what you think. As far as i know there are no other adjustments that can be made to it. Anyone else have any ideas what i can do to help this?

http://www.youtube.com/user/iowabucks?feature=mhee#p/u/6/EeI_eqSNuAk

Last edited by Iowabucks44; 10-26-2011 at 04:52 PM.