Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

Some pics

Old 07-27-2009, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by blkpowder
Why silly girl. With the masking tool of course! LOL Another way of keeping selected subjects original while altering others is by Layering. The next question I would like to ask,how much experience do you have with photoshop.
I have used new layers so it doesn't go permanent on my original image until im satisfied then i'll merge them but i am still getting to grips with masking lol
Old 07-27-2009, 06:45 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by remington_girl
I have used new layers so it doesn't go permanent on my original image until im satisfied then i'll merge them but i am still getting to grips with masking lol
Remington Girl; First I have to tell you,everything that I have learned on these programs has been self tutored.With that,like most computer programs,there is multiple ways to accomplish the same task. So with the way I'm about to explain may not be the best "or" easiest,but I get the final results that I want. The other note: I'm doing this in my Corel Graphic Pro. Again,I purchased Photoshop for some features I didn't have in either Corel programs.

Step1: open your photo with your program
Step2: On your toolbar you should find mask tools. I like to use the freehand tool.
Step3: outline the area with the freehand tool that you wish to remain unchanged.
Step4: you should then see mask at the top of your toolbar. click on it and it will show options. click on invert, then select Monochrome.
Step:5 you will see object on the top of your toolbar. click on it and it will display options. select combine with background.
Step6: go to file,click on save,then click on save as,then select jpeg,tiff or what ever format you wish to save the file.

When I get time,I will try this in Photoshop to see if and how it is different.

That's what is great about these programs. They let your imagination run wild.

Last edited by blkpowder; 07-27-2009 at 07:00 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:57 AM
Typical Buck

Rem Girl, me bad! I left out one little step. After you select Invert, you then select Monochrome. Then continue with step 5 & 6.

Good Luck!
Old 07-27-2009, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by blkpowder
Rem Girl, me bad! I left out one little step. After you select Invert, you then select Monochrome. Then continue with step 5 & 6.

Good Luck!
Thanks dear!
Old 07-27-2009, 10:48 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by remington_girl
Thanks dear!
Your very welcome Hon!