Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Video & Photography
 getting Vid to pc from Mac >

getting Vid to pc from Mac

Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

getting Vid to pc from Mac

Old 01-12-2009, 01:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default getting Vid to pc from Mac

I havnt been on very much in the past 6 months. been busy in the outdoors with no computer. I am in need of a reply to solving a problem. PLEASE excuse me if the topic has been on here.

Problem: I have a new Mac to do my editing of my footage. Now that I have a vid completed I can not seem to find a way to get it on to my PC. I burned the vid through media and looks good. So I at least have a dvd. The mac is not on the internet, the PC is.

Can any one help me?? Thank you
Old 01-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: getting Vid to pc from Mac

ORIGINAL: spikeman

I havnt been on very much in the past 6 months. been busy in the outdoors with no computer. I am in need of a reply to solving a problem. PLEASE excuse me if the topic has been on here.

Problem: I have a new Mac to do my editing of my footage. Now that I have a vid completed I can not seem to find a way to get it on to my PC. I burned the vid through media and looks good. So I at least have a dvd. The mac is not on the internet, the PC is.

Can any one help me?? Thank you
Can't you just put the .avi file on a flash drive? What program are you using on the mac? What format is it?
Old 01-12-2009, 04:23 PM
Fork Horn

A little more info would help.
Do you want to edit it on your pc?
What format is your video on your mac?
How large is the file?
Old 01-12-2009, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

Iam just trying to learn the Mac, it all new to me. I edited a vid and done two things. 1)went to Share...then media browser..picked medium size and published. 2) I went to share...then to export movie.. send to documents... picked medium and exported. They are on the comp. Comes up name .m4v.

Iam not editing it on a PC. I want to get it there to download to the internet. The vid is 9 mins long out of 3 hours of footageof my grandson shooting his first WT 9pt.

Learning the Mac is a new experience for me and Iam not comp bright lol but they have a great editing capabilities. I dont seem to find the file sizes. It isnt like a PC.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

m4v is a Quicktime file if I'm not mistaken. You probably want to convert it to an .avi or at the very least an mpeg. This might help. http://club.cdfreaks.com/f59/how-convert-quicktime-m4v-mpeg-m4v-avi-m4v-dvd-vob-178052/
Sorry, this might work better. http://www.download.com/Pazera-Free-...html?tag=mncol
Old 01-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Typical Buck

If you have burned it to DVD why not just import it to WMM and then convert it to a format for the web, such as windows media or Mp4?
Old 01-15-2009, 12:35 PM

You should be able to export it to a quicktime movie file. .mov file straight from Final Cut or I movie whichever you have. Save it to your desktop on the Mac. Then you can insert flash drive and transfer it to that, then you can transfer the file from that flash drive to your PC. Your PC should have a quicktime movie player, and you shouldn't have a problem uploading it as a quicktime movie file to Vimeo or Youtube, etc.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:08 PM
Fork Horn

spikeman, did you get anywhere with this?
Old 01-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: FarNorth

spikeman, did you get anywhere with this?

Thanks for asking FarNorth. I got it all fiqured out. I am even getting vids to you-tube lol. I appreciate all who gave me advice.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:58 PM
Fork Horn

Glad to hear you got things going. Feel free to ask any other questions you'll run into.
I've been doing video on a Mac for a few years now and willing to help when I can.

Ken