Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

primos camera arm

Old 07-28-2008, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default primos camera arm

went to bass pro and i must say, the primos arm moved fluently(spell check)and smoothly....i also really liked how simple it was......it saysthe arm holds 6 pounds and i was wondering....what is the weight of the canon xha1, i couldnt find it
Old 07-28-2008, 08:55 PM

Default RE: primos camera arm

With extended battery, possible shotgun mic, or wireless mic receiver, you're probably looking at right at that possibly a tad over that about somewhere 6-7.5 lbs. I would guess. Believe me, PLEASE!!! DO NOT SELL YOURSELF CHEAP!!! You've got a great camera there, and you want to shoot the best footage possible with it, you've already made a major investment in that camera, now invest in a good mount!! Those Primos mounts are too flimsy for your camera and it doesn't have a fluid head either. Get a good arm with a good brand fluid head, preferably a Bogen/Manfrotto fluid head. For that camera at least the 700RC2 fluid head or possibly look into the 501 fluid head. As far as arms are concerned, get one that is overbuilt not under built or right at weight capacity. There are several good brands out there, we use the Hunter Cam Cradles. Either way the footage will only be as good as the mount you are shooting from, so match your quality camera with a quality arm and head!! Good luck and I look forward to seeing what you shoot with that camera.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: primos camera arm

ORIGINAL: hoosierhunter2

With extended battery, possible shotgun mic, or wireless mic receiver, you're probably looking at right at that possibly a tad over that about somewhere 6-7.5 lbs. I would guess. Believe me, PLEASE!!! DO NOT SELL YOURSELF CHEAP!!! You've got a great camera there, and you want to shoot the best footage possible with it, you've already made a major investment in that camera, now invest in a good mount!! Those Primos mounts are too flimsy for your camera and it doesn't have a fluid head either. Get a good arm with a good brand fluid head, preferably a Bogen/Manfrotto fluid head. For that camera at least the 700RC2 fluid head or possibly look into the 501 fluid head. As far as arms are concerned, get one that is overbuilt not under built or right at weight capacity. There are several good brands out there, we use the Hunter Cam Cradles. Either way the footage will only be as good as the mount you are shooting from, so match your quality camera with a quality arm and head!! Good luck and I look forward to seeing what you shoot with that camera.
Well put.

I would check out the Muddy tree arm. For the pice, i would say its your best bet