Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Video & Photography
 When I change Video Editting Software.... >

When I change Video Editting Software....

Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

When I change Video Editting Software....

Old 04-10-2008, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default When I change Video Editting Software....

Guys..

I have faught a world of turmoil with Pinnacle Studio...down loading patches...lock ups in rendering...the most frusterating experience....However....over the last 4 years I have grown with the program and have made things come together with much success...

If I step into the Adobe premier world or sony vegas.....can I expect to have the same hiccups with a more expensive....better quality editting software....?????.

PM me if you want....I need to expand my horizons......I just bought a DELL XPS 420 with a quad core in it.....if Pinnacle beats me up anymore I may loose control of myself and start breaking things...I don't have time for the issues anymore......[8D]
Old 04-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: When I change Video Editting Software....

How much experience do you have with Adobe products? If you have used Photoshop, or some of their other programs in the past you should be able to pick up Premier. If not, the learning curve is pretty steep.

Also, are you looking at Adobe Premier Elements or the full-blown version? I can't comment on Sony Vegas, but I have heard good things about it.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

How much experience do you have with Adobe products? If you have used Photoshop, or some of their other programs in the past you should be able to pick up Premier. If not, the learning curve is pretty steep.

Also, are you looking at Adobe Premier Elements or the full-blown version? I can't comment on Sony Vegas, but I have heard good things about it.
I agree. ALL programs have their hiccups and quirks. Adobe's learning curve can be steep if you allow it to be. Break it down slowly (perhaps purchase a premiere classroom in a book) and learn it tool by tool, feature by feature. I taught almost 200 10th graders, most of whom never had any prior Adobe experience, Photoshop this past fall, and by the end, they were turning out some VERY impressive work (movie posters). Just take it slow, and you will do fine. Can't comment on Vegas, either, but like HuntingBry, I've heard good things about it.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have zero experience with Adobe products....I run a side business doing wedding video and I'm afraid to switch during the middle of Wedding season....

Old 04-12-2008, 08:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MichiganWhitetails74

I have zero experience with Adobe products....I run a side business doing wedding video and I'm afraid to switch during the middle of Wedding season....

If that is the case you may want to pick up Premier Elements. It's not that expensive and should give you a good taste of what Adobe can do and how well you adjust to it. That way if you decide not to go that route you're not out a ton of money.