Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives
 Attn:  Server Migration/software change! >

Attn: Server Migration/software change!

Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Attn: Server Migration/software change!

Old 07-08-2009, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

Default Attn: Server Migration/software change!

From the management:

"Today HuntingNet.com will be migrating to new servers at Internet Brands. We will also be running on new forum software produced by VBulletin. During this migration we have a planned outage of five hours beginning at 11:00 PST. During that time, visitors to HuntingNet will see who come to the site will see a maintenance page. Once the migration is complete the homepage will be restored.

Upon restoration some users may experience problems due to DNS caching. Globally problems may occur up to 48 hours. However, the issue may resolve faster depending on how quickly a users ISP refreshes their DNS.

It is important to note certain routine problems may arise post-migration (for example, difficulty uploading certain files, slowness in parts of the site). Unfortunately we will not be able to identify these issues before the migration is complete. If you experience any change in behavior from the site please report them in the Technical Help forum, in the thread “Post Migration Tech Reporting” which will be available once the migration.
You can also PM me or email [email protected]

Thank you for your patience through this process and we look forward to serving you in the years to come.

Internet Brands Mgmt "

Hopefully this move will improve the performance of our message boards.

-Christine A.
[email protected]
Old 07-09-2009, 01:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Re: Attn: Server Migration/software change!

So it took you 4 posts to get your message on. Nice, great job as always and the addition of adds back in the threads, very good work there admin team.
Say Christine, you must not have left with the rest of the crew, you a glution for punisment??
Old 07-09-2009, 07:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Now play nice Rick. LOL I noticed that several of the threads, even older ones have posted 3 or 4 copies of the original post. For example, check out Remington Girls thread about Glasgow. LOL Earlier it had Remington Girls original post 4 times. Now it has my reply 4 times. LOL Weird.

Last edited by davidmil; 07-09-2009 at 07:30 AM.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:06 AM
Typical Buck

Why in the heck does it show three of the same posts in a row on my computer, very much like yours!
Old 07-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Same problem here.