Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Video & Photography
 How much does a 160 class video make? >

How much does a 160 class video make?

Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

How much does a 160 class video make?

Old 03-13-2007, 06:42 PM
Spike

Default How much does a 160 class video make?

I had a guy that wants to come hunt on my ground. Me wants to bring a camera man who gets $250 a day to film. My question is what kind of market is out there and what kind of money can be made by getting a 160 class on film?
Old 03-13-2007, 07:15 PM

Default RE: How much does a 160 class video make?

Theres a lot of different ways you can do this. You can sell the footage to a production company which all they do is take hunting footage and compact it into a 2 to 4 hour long dvd, a buck that size you could probably sell 15 minutes of footage for $1,500. Butif its going to be put into a half an hourshow that has been running for a few yearson lets say outdoor channel then $10,000 minimum. But hunting is all about personality and story telling and if the hunter has no personality and the editor and cameraman has no storytellingthen no money. Were are you located?
Old 03-13-2007, 07:24 PM
Spike

Thanks, I'm located in west central Illinois.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:43 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Unique Perspective

Theres a lot of different ways you can do this. You can sell the footage to a production company which all they do is take hunting footage and compact it into a 2 to 4 hour long dvd, a buck that size you could probably sell 15 minutes of footage for $1,500. Butif its going to be put into a half an hourshow that has been running for a few yearson lets say outdoor channel then $10,000 minimum. But hunting is all about personality and story telling and if the hunter has no personality and the editor and cameraman has no storytellingthen no money. Were are you located?
Where do you get these numbers from? I have never heard of that kind of money for a free-lance video? I have been at this for a while and talk to many in the business and without a doubt most don't by video unless there is some history there. Unless you know someone I don’t with a lot of money to get rid of.

Old 03-17-2007, 07:53 PM

$1500 sounds reasonable. Thats about what Ive been offered by a few shows. But $10,000 ?? I have only heard of one show paying that much, and only to people who have gone through there training program, and you need to make sure every product sponsoring the show is used during the filming and talked about in the post and/or pre-kill interview.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:19 PM
Fork Horn

I've been shooting video for over 15 years and have NEVER gotten that much for one of my programs....even when I produce it and get reimbursed for all shooting expenses.
I think his numbers are way off. Just my opinion!
Old 03-26-2007, 08:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Unique Perspective

I'm going to have to get out of sales and into videography!
Old 04-04-2007, 09:47 AM

it depends on quality but don't expect to get rich on generic film
Old 04-23-2007, 08:26 PM
Fork Horn

Those numbers are way off.....

Share the video for free, get a consistent name, and you can make $$$..
Old 04-30-2007, 12:30 PM
Fork Horn

I've been at this for a bunch of years and have never heard of that kind of $. I have 20 DV tapes in my garage right now with great footage of Whitetail, Elk and other game. Let me know where to send it for my 10K.

LOL
Mike